The Scientific Study of Clay Target Shooting
Who am I?
These are my credentials:
- M.S. Educational Psychology
- Ph.D. Research Methods and Statistics
- Six Sigma certified
Some Relevant Work History
- University of Wisconsin - Madison: Taught Research Methods and Statistics
- Boston University: Taught Advanced Statistics
- Police Foundation: Statistician
- Avco Computer Services: User Support for Statistical and Natural Language computer languages
- Addison-Wesley Publishing: Built and Managed PC/Mac support organization
- Lotus/IBM: Integrated HR Data Systems
- Fidelity Employer Services: Data Integration and User Design
Where does a chain break? Of course, at the weakest link. ClayMetrics is an approach, a "methodology" to bring clay shooters to their highest, peak performance. It is concerned with all aspects of clay shooting although it grew out of four different initiatives:
- Identification of trap shooting weaknesses in order to strengthen those weakest links.
- Collection of key data to inform the analysis, the best example of which is Shotgun Scorecard from Springbo's Solutions.
- Use of statistical techniques from Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma and the development of new measures in the spirit of SABRmetrics (thanks Bob for suggesting the name).
- The "Peak Performance Zone" and the techniques developed by Bob Palmer at Sport Excel to find and enter the zone at will.